Sunday, May 20, 2007

Open Source is Here to Stay

I just saw an article about Open Source, and since we learnd about it in class I thought I would read this article. If open source was not here, as some people wish it wasnt, the internet would just dissappear because alot of domain servers are open source. For instance over 60% of internet sites are powered by Apache, an open source server. I knew what open source was because of class and the notes, but I really had no idea how important it is and how powerful it is to the internet.

2 comments:

Kristen Mastrola said...

I saw this post from you, and I wanted to read it because I began to read this article for my own posting, but decided to change it at the last minute. I, too, was shocked at how important open source is to us. I never realized that the "average" user would not be able to navigate the internet without open source. Good job with your posting!

Theresa Bartley said...

Thanks, yes I have to admit that in studying for the test I really had not that much of a clue what open source was, it was a little too confusing for me. I am glad I read that article though because now I can understand it much better. If only I would have read it before the exam, ha.